2014-07-02 13:40:39 UTC
using gEDA I collected a list of stuffs which I think could be improved...
I know that only suggest improvements is not the best way to support the
project but maybe this feedback can be useful to some active developer...
- uniform some keyboard shortcuts and mouse behavior of the GUI with the
ones of the pcb GUI, for example let gschem drag schematic with mouse sx
button + move like pcb does, and so on;
- uniform some keyboard shortcuts with most diffused one, like for example
ctrl+F to start search, ctrl+S to save and so on;
- let gschem to be able to import symbols libraries also scanning in
subfolder of each in the gafrc file, like pcb does with footprints.
- snaps are a little bit poor at the moment, a more complete set of snaps
would be very useful, in particular to the edge and corners of shapes
(pads, polygons) and corners and tips of lines (the snap to the lines tip
should be improved, the actual one doesn't work so well). A panel or a
dedicated menu to manage snaps would be useful;
- I think the ability to change the shape of lines tip would be useful, at
the moment one can draw only lines with rounded tip, but in some cases to
be able to draw a line with squared tip can result very useful;
- I didn't find the way to rotate with an arbitrary angle the objects on
silk layer, maybe this can already be done and I just missed it...
- the same is for a "find" function (not the one referred to the keystroke
"F"), which allows user to fine an element with specific refdes on the
layout (this is useful to locate component on the board at soldering moment
when you realized it without silk...).
I hope this remarks can be useful, obviously they are just my point of view
strictly related to my use of gEDA, maybe other users can find different
priority for future releases improvements.